Use, care and maintenance of manual hardware tools
Hand tools, compared to electric tools, mainly rely on hand to twist or power tools. Hand tools can be divided into wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, tape measures, hammers, sleeves, cutting, scissors, sets, and auxiliary types such as tool carts according to their uses. Each category is different Model.
Most people are not trained before using hand tools, so accidental injuries are frequent. According to statistics, the injuries caused by improper use of manual tools account for 7% to 8% of all accidental injuries every year. Therefore, for all kinds of commonly used hand tools and portable power tools, you must understand their correct use methods, maintain and manage them well, and pay attention to the safety of use.
How to use hand tools
The following only introduces the correct use methods and safety precautions for several commonly used hand tools and power tools:
1. Metalworking bow saw: use the appropriate saw blade to match the work object, such as 14 teeth per inch for solid or thick soft metal; 18 teeth per inch for tool steel, iron pipe, hard metal, etc.; and 24 teeth per inch It is suitable for sawing metal plates, metal pipes and thin iron bars. And push the saw forward, and then gently lift it when pulling it back.
2. Wrench: ①Wrench of appropriate size should be selected according to the nature of work. ②When using the adjustable wrench, apply force to the fixed side, and never apply force to the movable side. ③If the opening of the wrench is worn or there is a slip phenomenon during use, it can not be used anymore to avoid slipping and hurt your hands. ④Do not use the wrench as an iron hammer. ⑤Do not put a tube on the handle end of the wrench to increase the torque of the wrench.
3. Screwdriver: ① It should match the size and shape of the screw head groove, and select the appropriate screwdriver. ②The handle of the screwdriver cannot be struck with a hammer. If the handle is damaged, it should be replaced immediately. ③Do not use the screwdriver as a chisel or lever. ④The electric current should be used to check the electric current, and the high-voltage electricity cannot be tested with the general screwdriver. ⑤The blade of the screwdriver cannot be ground to avoid damage to the hardened surface. ⑥ The screwdriver should not be put in the pocket of clothes or trousers to avoid injury when colliding or falling.
4. Pliers: ① Pliers are only used to fasten, embed and remove various bolts, nails, and cut or tighten various wires. ②Pliers cannot be used to tighten or knock bolts or nuts. ③Do not tap or lengthen the handle at the handle of the pliers to increase the clamping or cutting force.
5. Portable electric drill: ① The wrench must be in accordance with the specification and type for the tightness of the drill bit. ②Before starting the electric drill switch, the electric drill must be held firmly. ③ When the electric drill is not in use or when replacing the drill bit, turn off the power and then put down. ④ The drill bit should be removed first before finishing work. ⑤Apply moderate pressure to the drill bit. Too much force may break the drill bit or reduce the speed of the drill bit. If it is too small, the drill bit is easy to wear. When drilling fast, the pressure must be light in order to perforate smoothly. ⑥When drilling small work objects, the work piece should be fixed with fixtures, never hold the drill by hand. ⑦Do not wear loose clothes, tie, scarf or gloves when using the electric drill. Long hair should be tied up.
6. Portable grinding wheel: ① Before use, check whether the grinding wheel is broken, improper rotation, unbalanced grinding disc, loose guard, etc. ②Wear goggles or face shield when grinding. ③You or others should avoid the direction of rotation of the grinding wheel to prevent splashing of flying debris or grinding wheel fragments. ④Grinding wheel can't be grinded again after cutting off the power, let alone accelerate the grinding wheel to stop in this way.
7. Electric soldering iron: ① The tip of the electric soldering iron should be kept clean and free of debris. ②Do not knock, so as to avoid leakage of the insulated magnetic tube. ③It is better to use 30~40 watt electric soldering iron for transistor assembly. ④When not in use, the electric soldering iron should be placed on the stand or on the insulation. ⑤ The temperature of the tip of the electric soldering iron is very high, so care should be taken to avoid burns or fire caused by flammable objects.
Prevention of hand tool injuries
1. Direct factors of injury caused by hand tools:
① Shock or impact: The tool used flew out of control or the body was out of balance, so that it hit the worker or colleagues nearby.
②Cutting: Cut by the cutting edge, burr or sharp corner of the tool.
③Splash: Substances generated during work, such as cuttings, chemical solvents, etc., splash out and hurt the body, eyes or skin of the worker or others.
④Electric shock: Electric shock accident caused by electric tools.
2. Causes of injury caused by hand tools:
① Use improper hand tools.
② Failure to maintain according to regulations.
③ Not checked according to regulations before use.
④ The method used is incorrect.
⑤ Not wearing proper personal protective equipment.
⑥ The tools are stored improperly.
3. The principle of safe use of hand tools:
①Choose the manual tool that suits your work needs.
②Keep the tool in good condition.
③ Choose hand tools with good materials.
④ Check the manual tool before use.
⑤Use hand tools in the correct way.
⑥Hand tools should be placed in a safe place.
⑦ Wear appropriate protective equipment before work.
⑧ Use standard tools or specified hand tools.
Maintenance and management of manual tools
Most people generally know that they need to maintain and maintain machinery and equipment or dangerous goods. However, they are often negligent about the use of hand tools, so that the proportion of injuries caused by hand tools is more than that of machines. Therefore, the maintenance and management of hand tools before use, Is even more important.
(1) Maintenance of manual tools:
1. All tools should be regularly inspected and maintained.
2. Various tools should have inspection and maintenance record cards, and record various maintenance data in detail.
3. In case of failure or damage, immediately check and repair.
4. When the tool is damaged, the cause of the damage should be found.
5. The correct method of use should be taught before the tool is used.
6. Tools that are not used for a long time still need to be maintained.
7. Various hand tools must be used in accordance with the intended use.
8. It is forbidden to use the tool before it is installed.
9. Tool maintenance should be carried out at rest.
10. Do not stab others with sharp tools.
11. Never use tools that are damaged or have loose defects.
12. The tool has reached the end of its service life or limit, and it is forbidden to use it again.
13. The principle of not destroying the original design during tool maintenance.
14. Tools that cannot be repaired in the factory should be returned to the original manufacturer for repair.
(2) Management of tools:
1. The tools should be kept in centralized storage by special personnel, and easy to check and maintain.
2. When borrowing dangerous tools, protective equipment should be distributed at the same time.
3. Various tools should be stored in a fixed place.
4. Each tool should have recorded data, including the date of purchase, price, accessories, and service life.
5. Tool borrowing must be registered, and the borrowing data should be kept intact.
6. The number of tools should be counted regularly.
7. The storage of tools should be classified.
8. Tools that are more easily damaged should be backed up.
9. The specifications of the tools should be as standard as possible.
10. Valuable tools should be properly stored to avoid loss.
11. Tool management should establish management and borrowing methods.
12. The tool storage place should avoid moisture and have a good environment.
13. Industrial and commercial scrapping shall be handled in accordance with regulations and apply for repurchase.
14. The borrowing of tools should be cautious, fast, accurate and simple.
Hand tools are generally used in special environments, such as flammable, explosive, and extremely harsh conditions. Belonging to consumables, the correct use of handshake tools can reduce the occurrence of injury accidents.